This mindfulness activity is a powerful way to deliberately elevate and heal particular organ systems of the body and lift our vibrations by improving our Chi (positive life energy). The Inner Smile works on our organs in much the same way it works on our moods when we smile outwardly, however rather than smiling externally, we direct this focused, loving energy at our own body systems.
Each of our organs, Chia teaches, are affected by different positive and negative emotions:
- Heart/Small Intestine: Hate, cruelty, impatience or love, joy, and happiness.
- Liver/Eyes/Gall Bladder: Anger, frustration, envy or kindness and generosity
- Kidney/Ears/Bladder: Fear, or gentleness, calmness, and silence
- Lungs/Skin/Large Intestine: Sadness, depression, or courage and righteousness
- Spleen/Stomach/Pancreas: Worry, anxiety, mistrust or openness and trust.
Taking as little as five minutes to as much time as we need, Chia teaches that practicing the inner smile helps to replace negative emotions within our body’s systems with positive ones.